The media often term this size range (which, to be honest, is especially broad) as "real women" - but it's not an expression I am fond of using. It's been said before that it makes out that there are some women who are not "real women", which I totally agree with. Everyone is a real woman, so we might as well drop "real" and just say women.
Having asked around I decided that the expression "mid-size fashion blogger" - whilst not ideal - was the most accurate description, and allowed for just about any size between tiny and plus. I do know that there is a lot of demand for style inspiration from regular women (my expression for real women meaning "not models"), and that is why I am so thankful that fashion blogs exist at all... to show everyone that fashion is not exclusive to model-types.
❝ WHAT THEY ALL HAVE IN COMMON IS A FANTASTIC SENSE OF STYLE AND A KNACK OF DRESSING THEIR CURVES WHICH PROVES THAT FASHION AND STYLE IS NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING A CERTAIN SIZE OR WEIGHT. ❞
The stunning women I've featured here are neither tiny size zeros nor plus size. What they do all have in common, however, is a fantastic sense of style and a knack of dressing their curves which proves that fashion and style is NOTHING to do with being a certain size or weight. They're also not in head-to-toe black or shying away from wearing white, bold colours or form fitting clothes - there are some serious fashionistas here as well as those who favour more classic looks.
To be honest, anyone of any shape or size can still draw inspiration from their amazing outfits.
I often don't "see" size myself when looking for style inspiration - I'm more into looking at colour combinations and clever ways to layer - but I know that for many women seeing someone who "looks a bit like me" (as I've been told in correspondence from readers) is an important factor.
It's the very reason why fashion blogs are so damn brilliant - who needs fashion magazines when we have fantastically stylish women like these all over the blogosphere...?
HAVE YOU FOUND THE STYLE OF THESE STUNNING WOMEN INSPIRATIONAL? TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS OR TWEET ME @NOTLAMB!
1. Kimberley - Eleventh and SixteenthFirst up is Kimberley - an absolute knock-out blonde who knows how to dress incredibly sexily while still looking super classy. A self-described owner of a "big booty" with the bluest eyes, she's often showing off her curves in form-fitting dresses or denim, and she always looks super-feminine without wearing anything too girly.
Follow Kimberley on Instagram: @kimcpavao
2. Alicia - Alicia FashionistaI've only recently discovered Alicia's blog, but I'm not sure anyone wears denim better than she does - she says herself she lives in the stuff. With that gorgeous mane of ombre bronde hair and that beautiful face, Alicia adds feminine touches to her denim basics with florals and frills. Her blog has all the inspiration you need for how to dress curves in denim.
Follow Alicia on Instagram: @aliciafashionista
3. Adrienne - The Rich Life in Wine CountryRegular readers of my blog may know Adrienne well... I've featured the statuesque beauty before in one of my over 40 bloggers round ups. Her outfits provide great style inspiration if you're also very tall - she wears a lot of soft colours and neutrals, layers and a touch of California (wine country) chic. Like myself, Adrienne is also a hat girl and wears a fedora better than anyone I know.
Follow Adrienne on Instagram: @therichlifeinwinecountry
4. AJ - AJ Wears ClothesIt's hard to pinpoint AJ's style, but she veers between feminine, a little bit preppy and edgy (often at the same time). She knows exactly how to dress her curves and those impressive legs with an amazing shoe collection, lots of wide leg trousers and beautiful jewellery.
Follow AJ on Instagram: @ajwearsclothes
5. Franziska - FranishAnother gorgeous blonde with a stunning pair of legs, Fraziska (pronounced "Francesca") is a blogger I've followed for a long time now - she always looks so effortlessly put together. A med student by day, she wears denim cut offs and cute dresses so well in lots of simple patterns and colour-blocked neutrals. Her style is so easy to emulate for a fresh, fun look.
Follow Franziska on Instagram: @franishtheblog
6. Tiffany - The Werk PlaceProbably the most avant-garde dresser in this list, Tiffany is a gorgeously wild dresser who wears the most unexpected, creative looks. Follow her blog for a TON of pattern, riotous colour and inventive layering... I had a seriously tough job trying to pick just three outfits to feature here. The collage above just does not do her justice, so do go see her creativity for yourself on her blog and Instagram.
Follow Tiffany on Instagram: @tiffanymbattle
7. Jane - Chic EverywhereJane lives in Canada, so she's your ice-cold winter dressing expert - if you want to know how to look stylish in the dead of winter this is your girl! In the warmer months she features a lot of chic office wear and simple, easy-to-style separates with neutrals, denim and classy accessories.
Follow Jane on Instagram: @chic_everywhere
8. Alison - Wardrobe OxygenI've followed Alison for years - and I've always marvelled at her liberal use of colour and pattern (a girl after my own heart). She's neither shy to clash leopard print with florals nor to go for a more preppy look. Her outfits are always super fun, very wearable and guaranteed to put a smile on your face... the pyjama-style jumpsuit (above) is to DIE for.
Follow Alison on Instagram: @wardrobe_oxygen
9. Irene - The Daily LaceAs Irene lives in Greece (one of my favourite places in the world), she's your go-to girl for hot weather dressing. The stunning brunette wears beautifully romantic looks, is usually in a dress or skirt and isn't afraid to wear colours, ruffles and all things feminine. Yet another blogger I had trouble choosing just three outfits for - do check out her blog for even more wonderful summer style inspiration.
Follow Irene on Instagram: @thedailylaceblog
- DON'T MISS A SINGLE POST -
Pin for later!>
> FACEBOOK | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN | YOUTUBE | NEWSLETTER | RSS
LIKE THIS POST? YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO READ...
- 17 Women of All Shapes, Sizes and Ages Wearing Bikinis, Swimsuits and Cover Ups - 13 Fashion Blogger Girl Crushes of Mine (That Aren't Instagram Clones) Linking up to: Brilliant Blog Posts, Saturday Share Link Up
Source : http://www.notdressedaslamb.com/2017/08/9-mid-size-fashion-bloggers-you-should-know.html